Now on DeviantArt: Unaltered Photos of Petals, Shrooms, Drugs, Ruins, and More

I may have been silent on my blog, but I haven't stopped uploading new photographs to DeviantArt. Most of these are available as prints and all of these are available for viewing.

American Ruins

I've been visiting a few small towns in south central Louisiana. I took these photos in downtown Opelousas, Abbeville and New Iberia. In each place, I saw buildings that were abandoned and falling to pieces next to buildings in much better condition. In "Barricaded" and "Barricaded - 2," a door and window were bricked up in the side of an abandoned store in the heart of Opelousas. The wall faces the crumbling foundation of another store that's been knocked down. In "Drug Loans," old and rusting signs hand outside of businesses still in operation in Abbeville. "Minuteman Restoration" shows the crumbling paint on an old door in an old wall in New Iberia.
Flowers

I've had plenty of opportunities to photograph flowers in recent months. In "Floral Freeze - 9," icicles hang from the petals of camellias in Lafayette, LA on Mardi Gras Day. In "Petals - 17," another bunch of camelias bloom in Lafayette in warmer weather during the spring. "Petals - 18" and "Petals - 19" show flowers in Opelousas, LA that are halfway through blooming. During the summer, magnolias bloom in Lafayette in "Petals - 20" and "Petals - 21."
Meanwhile, in Nature

While taking flower photographs, I've also taken other nature shots. "Umbrellas down on the Street" was taken in Lafayette, LA. "Prickly" shows a bush of thorns at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Gainesville, FL. In "Reaching - 18," a cypress tree reaches for the sky, while a tree branches into two trunks in "The Climb."
More

And here are the last two unaltered photographs published on DeviantArt so far. "Salt and Sky - 4" is a shot I took during my Florida vacation last year. "Bobbins - 2" is also from that trip, taken in a thrift store in Micanopy, FL.

Comments